Is there really anything like getting a mani-pedi? Maybe some things... But it's one of those little luxuries in life that make you feel like a million bucks. And since we spent lots of time in the house this past year and a bit, we thoroughly explored the at-home version of this form of self-care.
We have some amazing nail spas as stockists and we will never forget the delight of experiencing our products as part of the mani-pedi experience. And it's something you can create for yourself at home. Here's how your Ativo skincare products can elevate a spa day for your digits.
But first, set the scene
The best thing about having a spa day at home is that you are in your space. Decide where your "salon" will be in the house. The bathroom is a great space for this, but may not be super comfortable. With a little prep, any room in the house can be turned into a relaxing nail salon. Think about the post-treatment area of the fanciest spa you've been to, this is the vibe we're going for.
Some things that can elevate your at-home spa space:
- Scented candle or add your favourite essential oil to your diffuser
- A freshly brewed pot of tea or coffee
- Cucumber water (or wine!)
- Book or magazine
- Relaxing Spotify playlist
- Your favourite robe
- Anything that makes you feel relaxed!
What you'll definitely need:
- One large mixing bowl or plastic tote to soak your feet
- One medium-size bowl for your hands
- Two small towels
- Your nail lacquer of choice
- Nail tools (file, clippers, Q-tips, etc.)
- Coconut Milk Bath Soak
- Whipped Body Scrub
- Glacial Mud Mask
- Lotion of choice or the Glacial Gel Overnight Mask
The Ativo at-home mani-pedi
- Fill the large with bath-temperature water and the medium with hot water. Add some Coconut Milk Bath Soak to each bowl and swirl it around to dissolve the powder. Set the medium bowl aside for later.
- Soak your feet for five minutes and enjoy the bliss!
- Gently massage the scrub into one foot and up to the calf muscle. Rinse and repeat on the other leg.
- Pat your feet and legs dry and add a light layer of the mud mask to each foot and leg up to the calf. Settle back in with your magazine for five minutes.
- Gently rinse the mask off and pat dry. Massage your feet and legs with your Ativo glacial gel, lotion, or other lotion of choice.
- Set aside the large bowl and paint those toenails.
- While your toes dry, repeat steps 1-6 on your hands and then admire your work!